Monday, January 17, 2011

17/365 Birthday, Candles, & Cake

My sweet Collin has officially turned 3.
All day I reminisced on his actual birth day.
The not having the slightest clue he'd be born on his due date.
The induction being scheduled for the following morning.
Going out to eat still, even though the contractions began.
Everyone yelling at me to get to the hospital.
Only being at the hospital for one hour before we finally met.
Not having time for an epidural when I was finally wanting it.
Pushing him out in 1, 2, 3 pushes.
Not believing how small he was,
and how much he looked like his big brother.
What was once a 6 lb 15 oz newborn is now a 32 lb child.
I still look at him as this tiny boy.
Then today, he looked just oh, so, big.
I love you my (still) baby boy.
Happy 3rd Birthday

(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment